DIRECT CONTAINER PROGRAM
WHAT IS THE MIX AND SHIP PROGRAM?
Revamped in 2021, our new MIX AND SHIP CONTAINER PROGRAM combines the advantages of bulk, direct imports with the flexibility of choosing specific SKUs without the limitation of minimum order quantities (MOQs). Made possible by our customs bonded warehouse in Vietnam, it offers a wide variety of products ready to be shipped directly to the port nearest your store or warehouse. With Mix and Ship, you save time and money while exercising more control over your inventory instead of relying on domestic stock.
- Choose from hundreds of products, ready to ship now
- Combine multiple SKU in one container, no minimum required
- Take advantage of lower, out-of-factory pricing
- Save on time and transportation costs
HOW IT WORKS
- 1. How is Mix and Ship different from a regular direct import (DI) order? Unlike regular DI orders, Mix and Ship does not force you to buy large quantities per item. Instead, we mix an assortment of our best-selling products from every category from multiple overseas factories and store them in our customs bonded warehouse. This allows you to combine a wide variety of items with no factory minimum order quantities (MOQ).
- 2. What is a customs bonded warehouse?A customs bonded warehouse is a secure building or space where taxable and importable products are stored and monitored by local customs officials.
- 3. Where is the container coming from?Mix and Ship DI containers come from Vietnam.
- 4. Can I pick any FOA product for Mix and Ship?No, only FOA products in Mix and Ship program can be selected.
- 5. Is there a minimum order quantity on each SKU?No, there is no minimum quantity per SKU as long as you fill up a container of mixed products.
- 6. How much does each container hold?It’s important to know how much warehouse space you’ll need to store your incoming merchandise. The most cost-efficient container size is the standard 40 HQ container. It holds about 2,350 cuft of merchandise which roughly converts to:
- 200 Queen Size Beds (if 12 cuft per piece)
- 150 Recliners (if 15 cuft per piece)
- 60 Dining Sets (if 39 cuft per set)
- 20 Large Sectional (if 117 cuft per set)
- 7. How much does it cost?Depending on your selection of product and your destination, a container order currently costs about $40,000 – $50,000** including the product, ocean freight to your nearest port, and inland trucking from the port to your store. These manufacturing and transportation costs are always subject to change, and external factors such as the ongoing pandemic can cause supply chain disruption. Please check in with your DI specialist for the most accurate estimates. **As of July 2021
- 8. What are the payment terms?Our DI sales specialist will discuss your options with you.
- 9. How long does it take to receive a DI order once my order is placed?The products are in stock and ready to load immediately. The arrival time will depend on your ocean freight booking date and your location. From our customs bonded warehouse to California, it usually takes 4 – 6 weeks depending on the port capacity.
- 10. Can I use my own freight forwarder?Absolutely. If you’ve worked with direct imports before and would like to use your preferred freight company, you are welcome to do so.
- 11. What if I don’t have a freight forwarder?We can help you arrange a freight forwarding service with one of our reputable partners. Your DI specialist will offer you more information.
- 12. How do you handle claims or parts request?We will issue credit for any manufacturer defect, unrepairable or no salvage value cases. Missing or defective parts may be handled through our domestic warehouses; however, freight cost is not covered by FOA. Any damaged goods must be reported within 30 days, and defects must be reported within 60 days from the day of your receipt.
- 13. Can I cancel or amend my order after it’s placed?Once you have signed your order and confirmed by our DI specialist, we cannot accept any cancellation or amendments to your order. Our goal is to ship the products as soon as possible, and any changes to your order will prevent us from doing that. Mix and Ship orders are non-refundable and non-returnable to our overseas or domestic warehouses.
- 14. How do I get started? Click on the APPLY NOW button below and submit an application. One of our DI sales specialists will reach out to you and work with you to place your first Mix and Ship order step by step.